Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hillcrest Cottage Weekly Highlights

This has been a crazy week. I have been very busy painting furniture for clients. Below is a beautiful chest of drawers! I am very pleased with the results.



I especially love the keyhole and how it now stands out becoming the chest's best feature. 




I experimented with an old chair of my own. I had fun with a splattering technique I used to use years ago. The spatters really help to age the pieces.




And... I continue to make personalized Subway signs. This is a sign I made for a college guy who loves Arkansas and loves to duck hunt. He wanted his sign to reflect his favorite cities and hunting spots.




I am very delighted to see my college guy develop new relationships. His intramural football team is beginning their season well. He has been voted the MVP in two games...very cool. He sent me this pic as a screen shot from an instagram account.




I had several trips this past week to my favorite hometown hardware store. I love their phone.




I love the hardware store's floor. Years of feet have been helped by these knowledgeable hardware men.





Craft Show season is approaching... lots of work ahead. I am excited about all the new things Hillcrest Cottage will be creating.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you have been having fun painting ... I especially love the blue chair.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete